Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cornell Box Theme One and Two

Theme One Topic: City

What will you express through your art?
Through my art, I would like to express how cities [are?] downtown. I would like to show all of the shops and buildings because even though they are not very nice looking individually, I think that they look very cool as one object.

How will you accomplish this in your piece?
I will (try) to accomplish this by using interesting colours along with the greys of the city. I might also cut srips of magazine material with scissors to make straight linesfor the buildings.

Resources Needed:
For this piece, I will need lots of magazines to make a collage background and maybe some extra paper to make some 3-D objects in the foreground.

Theme Two Topic: Nature

What will you express through your art?
I would like to express through my art a strange side of nature through the collage. Because nature is not perfect, I would rip the colours out of the magazine as opposed to cutting them as I mentioned above.

How will you accomplish this in your piece?
I would like to accomplish this in my piece by ripping as I mentioned above and by using greens, reds, oranges and blues (and a lot of white in one particular piece) because I think that those are the most natural colours.

Resources Needed:
For this piece, I would like some fishing wire and paper to make .some snowflakes out of, and a lot of magazine material for the colours. For my other idea, I could use some sand for a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment